“My cup runneth over” — is a quotation from the Bible (Psalm 23:5) and means “I have more than enough for my needs”. I give thanks every day for all that I have been blessed with in my life… and in keeping with farmwife tradition… it’s not my cup that is running over, my mason jar rather.
2012 was another great year full of blessings for my family and I. To mention only but a few:
- We finalized our home renovations and are so proud of what we now have as our home
- We were amongst the lucky ones to snag Winnipeg Jets season tickets for their 2011/2012 season
- Our son Matt turned 12 and has become a fine lil’ helper around the farm
- Our daughter Jen turned 10 and is trying to turn our farm into a petting zoo
- I joined Pinterest and now have a new LOVE and huge list of WANT TO DO
- I got to go see Charlie Daniels LIVE in concert with my two bestest girls at the Shooting Star Casino (bucket list CHECK)
- My Farmer and I got away with some friends and had a super “SICK” time at Dauphin’s Countryfest
- We travelled to the Black Hills, South Dakota for a family vacation and had so much fun creating awesome memories
- I got away from my desk at least 4x a week for a walk/run with my dog Jakey, and learned that this thirty-something can actually do a 5K, and it feels DARN good
- We got a rooster (Rudy)… he is very cool
- We got a new puppy (Maggie)… she has stole our hearts
- My Farmer had the best crop year on record, and this farmwife slept VERY well as a result
- My home-based biz F3 Designs celebrated it’s 6th year in business and I am so very grateful for my customers and contractors whom have made this progress possible
- I started this blog and wish I had more time, cuz I absolutely LOVE it
- I got to go see Roxette LIVE in concert with two of my very dear, forever prairie girl friends
- My Farmer and I celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary & I love him more each and every day
- We built a new barn and are VERY excited to use it for our upcoming calving season here at Fossay Herefords
Bring It 2013!
This year, I’m looking forward to:
- A new family member that will join my side of the family! It’s been almost ELEVEN years since we had a baby in our family… and I am elated to meet my new niece or nephew this coming May!
- A teenager… OMG, I can’t believe my baby boy is going to be 13! Hoping and praying he’ll continue to give me daily back cracks… as that’s the only way I can get my boys arms around me now!
- Rocking it out at Taylor Swift on June 22 with my baby girl (soon to be 11)! I’ve promised not to embarrass her, but it will be hard cuz I LOVE Taylor Swift and can’t help from shakin’ my booty hard when her music comes on!
- What I hope and pray will be another record crop year for My Farmer. He soooo deserves it!
- Finding the time to fulfill some of my MANY Pinterest projects!
- New opportunities and customers in my 7th year of business at F3 Designs – I sooo love what I do for a living, and am seriously blessed to be able to do it out of the comfort of my home!
- Dauphin’s Countryfest 2013!
- Bonanza 2013!
I’m not one to set resolutions, but for 2013 I propose that we all try giving this to…
- Our enemies , forgiveness.
- Our opponents, tolerance.
- Our friends, our heart.
- Our customers, good service.
- All, charity.
- Every child, a good example.
- Ourselves, respect.
“Just Say Thanks and Pray”
With another year gone by… I have much to celebrate. At this moment I am drinking coffee… but soon I will be in Las Vegas with 3 of my most favourite peeps! My Farmer and I are heading to sin city tomorrow afternoon with my bro and sis-inlaw to celebrate my bro’s 40th birthday!
When I arrive in Vegas, I will celebrate, drink lots of beer, most likely intoxicate myself, hopefully find some luck at the tables, have an TONNE of FABULOUS FUN… and I will raise my glass to you and pray for another year of overflowing mason jars! Happy New Year!
God is great, beer is good and people are crazy,